Traduce Aqui:

Monday, August 28, 2017

Here Comes the Rain...

Little darling, it's been a long, dry, scorching summer.
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here!
Here comes the rain.  Here comes the rain,
And I say, it's all right!

...Had the Beatles been an Andalusian band, I think their lyrics would have changed dramatically. ;)

Sunday, for the first time since May (I think), it rained.  The stormy weather continued all day yesterday and the world seems to have let out a giant sigh of relief: this morning the rain-darkend earth contrasts with sharp, blue skies and crisp, green trees, their leaves finally cleansed of months worth of dust.  The smell, too, is heavenly.

Yesterday we drove to Málaga to pick up our exchange student (!) and dramatic thunderclouds cast impressive shadows across the hills and valleys as the storm lifted.  The hot, summer haze that's been hanging over southern Spain for the last two months has been washed away.  It seemed like someone had suddenly cleaned the lenses of glasses I hadn't known I was wearing.  Everything was so clearly in focus and visibility was so good, it seemed an exageration.

Today it looks as though we'll have clear skies.  Who knows how long until the next rain.  These moments must be savoured.

1 comment:

  1. This is SUCH a beautiful post, Viola - I feel as if I'm with you there, experiencing the refreshing of the earth ... it makes me feel "homesick"!! You truly should have been a poet, Literary One :) XOGA

    ReplyDelete