Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A day at the beach

My chilly baby
This morning we got out of the house as quickly as posible to beat the mid-day heat at the beach in Torremolinos, Málaga.  It was a little on the breezy side, but that made for a comfortable temperature.  I didn't, however, actually swim because I was afraid I'd be too cold afterwards with all the wind.  Yes, I've become a Spanish wimp.

It was a lovely morning though.  We set up our towels and umbrella, picnic basket and table, and even a wading pool for Em.  She was intrigued by the salty water and after sipping out of a shell we found on the beach, proclaimed, "Mmmmm!" Yuck!

It would seem that Emily's sandbox has cured her of her fear of sand. ;)  (Mission accomplished!) And she was even quite brave with the waves as you'll see in the video I posted.  It looks as though she's trying to go to the bathroom, but really my poor baby was getting cold.  By the time I got the camera out we'd been playing for some time and before I realized it, her little lips were blue!  Still, she had a grand time stomping in the waves and ordering us back into the surf to splash and jump with a shrill, "Mamáááá!" stabbing with her pointer out to the waves.  She was the reina de la playa for sure.  She certainly looked the part, with her dark glasses and pink ball cap, which she didn't take off the whole time. ;) 


She was quite the trooper, but the sun inevitably wore her out.  She fell asleep for around 30min in the car and then I was able to put her in bed at home for another hour+.  She's just woken up mid-post, finally.  In fact, I am typing the rest of this while she cleans off in the bathtub. 

When it cools down a bit more, we'll go for a bike ride with Bela and then maybe to the park to try and tire her out even more and compensate for such a long, late nap! 




No comments:

Post a Comment