Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

´Tis the Season!



I'm gobbling up oatmeal before taking the dog for a quick walk and then heading off to work, but I just had to take a moment to welcome the holiday season.  This past weekend was a long holiday weekend here in Spain (Dec. 6 is Constitution Day and the Dec. 8 is the religious celebration of the Inmaculada) so most people get out their decorations over the weekend in preparation for the holidays.  We did the same. 

This year our Christmas tree is up on a shelf of sorts...any guesses as to why??  We put it up and decorated it yesterday.  Most of my ornaments are hand-painted salt-dough ones that I made with my holiday cookie cutters.  Angelines commented that we ought to make a few more (!); she is somewhat of a Scrooge (unfortunately common in her line of work) and so I was delighted by the suggestion.  Ornament making is on the top of my to-do list now. ;)

I streamed Christmas carols over my laptop and lit the tree while Emily babbled and played with santa hats.  The only thing missing was a cup of hot chocolate or egg nog.  I was in such a Christmasy mood that I even began to think about and shop for presents--Santa's workshop has a webpage now so shopping is so much more convenient! 

Once the tree was finished, Emily was enchanted.  She spent all evening pointing at it and shrieking with delight.  I have the feeling that Christmas is going to be an experience similar to her birthday, in which the fun and magic return thanks to a fresh look through young eyes. 

I'll leave  you with a quick video I took on my phone:  I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT FUN!!! I remember a video from two years ago of A. playing with your then "baby" (Bela) and that little snowman. HAPPY HOLIDAYS :)

    PS: Mama here!!

    ReplyDelete