Traduce Aqui:

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Back in the Pool

Last Thursday, after about three months of no swimming, we finally got back in the pool.  Life just got too crazy for a while and driving to and from Antequera took up precious time we needed to spend elsewhere and so our swimming routine was put on hold.  During the summer months, however, the outdoor pool here in La Roda is open and so we're finally getting back in the water.  July flew by with all the work we've been doing here in the house and so we've only just bought our pool passes for August.

It felt great to be back in the water, but the first lap was a long one!  Our pool in town is 50 meters instead of 25 like in Antequera...and after three months of nothing, I could feel it about half way across.  It didn't take more than two laps to get back into a rhythm.  I ended up swimming 1,200 meters.  Not bad, right?

But as is always the case when it comes to me, the real highlight of the day was coming home to the great lunch I'd prepared ahead of time: homemade pasties with tomato, cucumber salad and a side of zucchini cream soup. Soooooo good!

No picture of the pool...but those of you who know me aren't surprised by that!

3 comments:

  1. OK fine ... I changed my mind ... YOUR COOKING WHILE WE STAY WITH YOU!!!! This looks too yummy to be true :)
    XO - Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Good catch. I was just thinking "Your?!, Really mom?" Love you <3

    ReplyDelete