Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Success...Sort of

Just wanted to let you all know that today I was happily surprised with my classes. :)  Of course, part of the semi-success was because two kids didn't show for my most difficult class.  But except for the four-year-old throwing a bit of a fit, all was well and the kids seemed to have fun and be engaged...  The trouble is, I'm just not sure how that happened!

On another note, we finally got back to the pool today.  It's been two weeks of no swimming...just been busy with things here.  Carnaval was this past weekend and we had quite a bit to prepare for that.  On Thursday we brought a group (una comparsa) to the bar. It's a typical singing group for carnaval celebrations--semi-accapella, remnant of a barbershop quartet (only there were 15 of them!).  They sang great and we had a good turn-out at the bar, too, which was a very good thing since our most recent events have fallen pretty flat.

Saturday and Sunday the main bars in town get together and set up in the central plaza, then they split the money.  And once again, we were plesantly surprised by the results.  So at least the typically economically rough streak from January until Easter has been aleviated somewhat.

Well that's all for now.  I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I just read both of your most recent posts, Dear One, and I'm glad I could read them together!! There is hope for that class after all :) I'm going to go pick Chris Wilson and Brenda Ross's brains for more ideas on classroom control for you!! Way to pull it out of the fire yesterday, my little Portola Tiger ... you never give up <3 XBOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success is always good! Speculate the next post. Check my blog later today. Love you Spanish one!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete