Traduce Aqui:

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bon Appetit

This was my dinner last night.  Look good?  It was.  I made it 100% from scratch--tuna and olive pizza with manchego cheese and herb crust. :)

Sunday nights are pizza nights and usually we have frozen pizzas from the supermarket that we bake in the oven.  (don't curl your epicurian lips at the idea!) One in particular is especially delicious--Mediterranean with goat cheese!

Last night we were out of pizza, and in an effort to save some money (but mostly because I love inventing in the kitchen when I have time), I decided to make homemade pizza.

I guess it was a little more like a foccacia because the crust was a bit thicker than pizza crust tends to be here in Spain, but it was absolutely scrumptious!  I added some thyme to the dough to give it a little more flavor and then dug around in the pantry for the toppings.  Tuna is a very common pizza topping in Spain and I have to say, I've come to really like it.  In any case, my pizza tasted as good as it looks and I'm going to have leftovers for breakfast!

Cold, pizza: my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment