Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Rose Parade 2013

First and foremost: Happy New Year!!  May 2013 be filled with love, friendship, health, fun and adventure.  

Some of you who are on facebook know that my dad's a Rotary big-wig this year--District Governor of District 5190.  Well he was invited to participate in this year's Rose Parade with the Rotary International float!  That's a once in a lifetime offer, and you'd better believe my mom wasn't going to let him pass it up. ;)  

Before heading to bed this morning at 7am (yes, heading to bed...not waking up!) I called my parents since I figured they'd be going to sleep before midnight given the big day ahead of them.  I was right.  At 9:30pm, I caught them just before hitting the hay.  My mom informed me that my dad would be on the "wrong" side of the float from the cameras... but that the parade would start about 5pm Spain time.  I made a sleepy mental note, and headed to bed.

So this afternoon at five in the afternoon I looked up a live stream of the Rose Parade.  However, I couldn't find a line-up of the floats and my poor dog had been without a walk for nearly 24hrs!  After watching Grand Marshal Jane Goodall's introduction, I decided it was safe to go for a quick walk with my puppy.  I was about half a mile from home when I saw an email on my phone from my friend: I totally just saw your dad on TV!!!  I ran home as fast as I could.  

I missed it.  Although KTLA promises an instant replay of the parade.  This time I'm not moving from the computer. ;)  Thankfully, my friend had her wits about her and snapped these two pictures with her phone.  Yet another instance in which you've gotta love technology: I get news in rural Seville, Spain that my dad's on TV in Pasadena, California from my friend in Iowa via my cell phone!! :)  What a small world.

Enjoy the pictures.  Looks like my dad's having a blast--what else is new?



Happy Happy 2013!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! That is amazing! How cool is it that Andrea recognized me? Great post, I will have to followup with one of my own.....straight from the "Big Gouda!"

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete