Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Birthday Surprise :)

Last night Angelines and my friends surprised me for my birthday at a fancy, new tapas bar in Estepa. :)

It was a normal day doing things around the house, walking the dog, giving classes, etc. In the morning, however, Angelines suggested that when my classes finished at 8 we could go to Estepa for drinks and tapas to check out a swanky, new bar in town and get some decorating ideas for her own place. I thought that sounded like fun, but I was also a little disappointed because I wanted to have a cervecita with my friends here in town. I decided I'd have to wait for the weekend to celebrate with my friends.

We pulled up to the bar in Estepa and I walked in. As I approached the bar I recognized Jesuli and the first thing that went through my mind was, "what's he doing here?!" (¡Qué casualidad!). When I saw the rest of the group, it dawned on me that this was a planned surprise. :)

I honestly couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday evening. The tapas were WONDERFUL and, of course, so was the company. ;) I think my favorite tapa was the last one I ordered: carillada de cerdo con manzana y rulo de cabra (that's pork, the cheek I think, with apple sauce and goat cheese). It was fabulous! All the other tapas were along those same lines--sweet/savoury and really delicious. This was like a bar straight out of Portland. :) I was thrilled, as was my palate. :p

Those of you who know me and food, know that this kind of surprise party is just up my alley. And to top off my celebration my friends gave me four potted aromatic herbs for my patio: basil, lemon balm, sage and I can't remember the name of the last one.

It was a perfect night.

Love to all!!

1 comment: