Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A quick note:

Just wanted to send a quick update:

For no apparent reason my knee(s) have been acting up lately. I haven't been running (twice in the past three months...), although I was just getting back into it. Still, my knee didn't hurt at all running or afterwards and then suddenly walking the dog over uneven terrain, I got a sudden sharp pain and had to limp home. That passed, but then yesterday my other knee was suddenly so sore it hurt to put weight on that leg. I took two ibuprofen (400mg each...) and today it feels better though not completely gone.

The American deep within is resistant to go to the doctor. I have to remind myself that there's no money involved in that prospect over here and therefore I really have no excuse. So with my handy dandy sanitation card, I got online today and made an appt. for the doctor's on Friday. I think I will insist that she give me an appt. for x-rays. There is definitely something wrong, although what I might really need is an ultra-sound.

I am worried that this may be the definitive end of running for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what comes of all the doctor visits... While it's true that the visits are "free" there is a price to pay with the time it takes for all the different tests, x-rays, etc. So if "time is money" as we like to say in the U.S. perhaps a visit to the doctor in Spain is even more expensive than having no insurance in the States. All the same I am happy as can be that I was able to save some of that precious time with the wonders of technology--www.juntadeandalucia.es. :)

Thank you, internet.

5 comments:

  1. Hija Pobrecita! I hope it all works out for you. Start taking some glucosamine/chondroitin. It is a supplement that helps those joints out.You may have a lose piece of damaged cartilage in there. Consult me after your diagnosis.

    Love you,

    Papi

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay que ver...que tenga que leer tu blog, para enterarme que tienes chunga la rodilla, y eso que nos vimos anoche. No la esfuerces mucho y si, ve al medico, no seas cabezota, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "No la esfuerces mucho y si, ve al medico, no seas cabezota, ok?" <--I second that. Which coming from me with my cabezota tendencies about health care providers should mean a lot ;)

    Keep me posted on what you find out....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, of course, have multiple opinions on this... Let me know what you found out at the doc. This definitely isn't the end of your running career.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not like that Google cannot handle the apostrophe in my last name, btw.

    ReplyDelete