Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beef: It's What's for Dinner!

Several months ago a new butcher opened in town. Angelines went one day to check out the goods and discovered that this new guy sells beef steaks (if I were a good Barkley, I could tell just what kind...but, alas). Anyway, we've been meaning to buy a few steaks for some time now. My diet since moving to Spain has been sadly lacking in beef. Pork is the meat of choice in these parts.

Tuesday Angelines bought two big steaks and we invited our good friend Nuria over for a barbecue. Most importantly, it was wonderful to have company for dinner and we ate far too much and drank a little more than we should have, too. It was wonderful to just sit out in our patio enjoying the cool evening and good friends. But I must say too that I was very impressed with the steak. Sooooo tender! And those weren't just my excellent Q-ing skills. Angelines and Nuria, who decided they like they're meat more well-done, said the same. It was absolutely delicious.

Yes, the photo leaves something to be desired in terms of composition. I apologize. We sat down to eat and I dug right in and then as I was eating I realized that it was too good not to take a picture for my blog record... So there you have it: Spain's best beef, Viola's worst food photo yet!

2 comments:

  1. Finally! We'll have to get some steak when I come to see you next time sis :P hehe, but really sounds like fun.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the photo is a mess! However, on the bright side you can see that you inherited your father's grilling talent: the meat is done to a turn! Glad you have a source of the occasional beef steak now. Also, I hope the new butcher succeeds!

    Love you!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete