Traduce Aqui:

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Exhausted and Relieved!

I'm finished with my first year back at school!

My exams, as I'd prayed, went far better than they should have given my lack of preparation. Of course grades have yet to be published, but I'm sure that I passed them all. At least two of them I might have even done reasonably well on (80% or so). We shall see--another week or so before grades are published.

I got up early Friday and caught the train to Sevilla. It seems after our great experience with French public transport I'm all about trains now that we're back! ;) This way I didn't leave Angelines car-less, just in case. Anyway, I had two exams Friday and then today there were three: 8:30am, 11am and 4:30pm. Phew!

I was particularly worried about the last one (Conocimiento del medio social y cultural--social studies) because not only was it the last test of the day, but it covered LOADS of material: geography of the Iberian Peninsula, climates of the IP, weather and space, a little bit of econ. and politics, plus history of Spain from prehistoric times to the present day (no joke)! It was just a little intimidating, but went MUCH better than I expected.

I stayed the night with a friend of ours from the pueblo who lives in Sevilla capital so it was nice to get a chance to visit some between cramming and her work schedule. ;)

Most of all I'm just terribly relieved to be done! It's been torture since all my work commitments ended at the beginning of June to continue studying... Not at all an easy task, let me tell you. I probably complain far more that is normal or necessary, but there's just something wrong (on a psychological level) about studying and taking finals in July! That's mid-summer for God's sake!! We're supposed to be lounging on the beach or on couches in air-conditioned homes...not writing final papers or reviewing notes and cramming for finals! Whatever happened to the swimming pool?!

...Okay, I'm a baby.

But I'm done. One year down and three to go! :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I agree with you, I can't imagine having finals in July.... especially not in Spain where it's so hot you don't want to do anything, let alone study! Good job though Opie, I bet you did better than you think :)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Opal!! It sucks taking finals in July, and you "Got 'er done"! Sorry I am a little behind in my blog posting and reading!!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete