Traduce Aqui:

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bar Tender in Training...

That's right, my wife's put me to work. Business isn't exceptionally good (unfortunately), but in summer she sets out tables in the terraza and at crunch time it's tough to handle orders inside and outside.

...That's where I come in--working 12:30 to 2:30am.

Yesterday was my first night. It's not all new to me (I have helped in the past), but I of course had to relearn a thing or two. I don't particularly like helping at the bar mostly because Angelines is a complete perfectionist when it comes to her job and I don't take orders or criticism well. ;) It's kind of a recipe for disaster. Last night was fine except for one moment when she told me to hold the bottle higher above the glass while pouring! (why?!)

So right now I'm getting ready for my second night on the job. Wish me luck. ;)

(I'm secretly hoping it's not busy so I can just come home...is that bad?)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. I don't think I could work with Matt either. Are you still helping out some? And it's not bad to wish for some quiet time to yourself.

    ReplyDelete