Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, July 8, 2010

That's my team!

Just quickly before I get to unpacking bags...

GO SPAIN!!

My friends couldn't understand why Angelines and I were never very satisfied after the games we watched from Portland and Portola--the team wasn't playing like we both knew they were capable of playing! As I said in my last post, they had been playing just slightly better than the other team...just good enough to get through to the next game; they weren't, however, playing well by any means.

Last night that changed. Last night we saw the defending Euro-Cup Champions in all their glory! There were a few mistakes, but the Spaniards came onto the field like bulls into the ring, (Excuse the cliché) and quite frankly I think Germany was scared from the first minute. Spain had never made semi-finals before and they knew that last night's game was now-or-never--that's exactly how they played. I don't know the stats. for ball possession, but I'd wager it was at least a good 60-40 for Spain.

You can imagine the celebration last night! We were all so tense during the game. Everyone was shouting and jumping and screaming at the TV with each of Spain's near goals. Iker Casillas (Spanish keeper) made a great save that nearly gave us all heart attacks! When one of our defender, Puyol, marked the first goal of the game for Spain in the 74 min, we went NUTS!

When the whistle finally blew for the end of the game everything broke loose! People were driving around town waving flags and honking for a good hour, there were bottle rockets set off, everyone was jumping, shouting, hugging, singing--craziness! It was great. And I'm so glad Angelines and I got to see that game here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment