Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Very briefly!

Good morning!
I think it's been just about a week since I wrote...right? Well, I have been wanting to sit down and blog a bit all week, just haven't found the time.

The weekend was great. I got out of La Roda for a bit, which was really nice. On Saturday I met up with a teacher friend of mine and her small son in Granada and we did some shopping. Okay, yes, that's not a typical "Viola" activity, is it? Well, in January and February there are huge sales all over Spain. In the past I've gone with friends from here, but this year I was on my own. So seeing as how I needed some new shoes and a dressy winter coat, I was willing to brave the shops on my quest for low prices. (Now that sounds more like me, doesn't it?)

I was able to find some great shoes and a really fun coat, too. I'll send pics. ;) The morning was lovely and then we ate at the only Indian restaurant in Granada (pretty sure it's the only one...). It was really good food. I was impressed. And it felt good to be both out of town for a bit and eating non-Spanish food; especially Indian made me think of Portola and the Stantons.

We spent the afternoon at her house sipping tea and talking teaching. She's one of my role-models for great teaching, so this year when I'm struggling to find my way through my classes it's especially helpful to talk to her. We worked together in La Roda and I've missed her a lot being back in an elementary school here. She gave me some good ideas for presenting material on power point and so I've made up a few shows for my kids. So far, they've been well received.

Then Sunday Angelines opted to close the pub (Yippeee!) and we headed to Cordoba in the morning to see Real Betis Balonpie play a soccer game. Betis is our favorite "football" team. We spent the morning in chatting in the car and yelling at the game--they won!!--and then the afternoon with our friends having tapitas.

It was a wonderful weekend, but you can see I didn't do much in the way of planning for my week so... Here I am scrambling to let you know what's going on with me at 8:25am before I brush my teeth and run off to school.

Love to you all! Happy Thursday and Happy Groundhog's Day (late) :)

1 comment:

  1. Go Betis! At least one of my teams is winning (although I sure can't complain about the Lakers). The Rams had the worst season in the NFL. The good news is they get the first pick of all the great college players next year.
    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete